CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How contagious is Morgellons?

threader Views: 3,290
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,224,515

Re: How contagious is Morgellons?

Dude enough creepy comments about intentionally infecting docs. Yes, you're question is clear enough, but no poster knows that answer.

My theory is that Morg fibers and spores are ubiquitous now in most places, but they require a host with the proper genes AND a cyst forming condition (lyme, parasites) to protect it from the immune system. I disagree with those who call M an autoimmune disorder. Thats just me guessing though. Want an expert answer?

Marianne J. Middelveen, MSc, Mdes, fielded a related question at the CEHF annual Morg conference in Austin this year:

Can the fibers transmit Morgellons to another person?

“No, I don’t think that the fibers can transmit Morgellons. They are just no more contagious than hair. Could they have infective material on them? Possibly, but some of these things that we are finding are very delicate organisms and they die very quickly once they are away from a nice, safe spot on the human body or on their host.. so It’s not all that contagious.”

“Having said that, I have, in Morgellons patients, isolated and grown and cultured viable spirochetes from vaginal secretions in a patient. Do I know that those are contagious? I’m not allowed to conduct that type of experiment in a human. So I can’t say for sure. But I would say that the presence of a modal and living, viable organism suggests that it could be contagious through sexual transfer.”

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

1.047 sec, (1)