CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Somer/Pepe: Veggie juices? Post and pre-fast diet

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

More
pepe Views: 955
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 220,470

Re: Somer/Pepe: Veggie juices? Post and pre-fast diet

Good organic carrots make a very sweet tasty juice and that along with the apples will just about mask the flavors of any of the stronger tasting veggies. The ginger will add its own flavour experience also not to mention that it very good for digestion.

My favorite way to eat veggies like asparagus,brocoli, brussel sprouts.kale etc is just plain lightly steamed( 2-3 mins max) with a little tamari for flavoring. A good way to add protein to a vegetarian diet is "Arroz con Frijoles". Actually any grains and legumes (beans) make a complete protein. Check out Shelleys Protein shakes. I find them quite palatable.

Macrobiotics is a grain centered diet so any macrobiotic cook book will have lots of great ways to fix grains. The same Macro cookbook should also have some Miso soup recipes. Just make sure you never boil miso as it destroys the beneficial bacteria. Miso is also a good protein source. My fave is the dark Mugi (Barley). Look into incorporating Tempeh for a protein source. It's great to add to any veggie saute.

Something else I like to add to my morning shake once in a while is Kefir. It adds a nice creamy texture plus it's a really good way to add beneficial bacteria to your GI tract.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

23.922 sec, (1)