CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Day 3, first SWF, food resistance getting harder

JudahFirst Views: 885
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 219,220

Re: Day 3, first SWF, food resistance getting harder

The problem with drinking only 40 oz. of water is that water is so essential to the detoxification. I really believe that it's best to continue with drinking 1/2 of your body weight in oz. of water. I know that it may not be AS important while fasting (as it is while eating), however, water got me through many a detox crisis. Of course, the point of drinking 60 oz. of lemonade is to make sure you are getting enough calories everyday to keep your body from going into "starvation" mode (causing you to store fat instead of losing it). It actually became much easier for me to drink tons of water the longer I fasted because I began to constantly "feel" dehydrated (dry mouth). I was probably drinking almost 90 oz. of water a day by the end! I'm not sure what kept me from simply floating away... ;^)

The fatigue is completely NORMAL. I napped almost everyday during my long fast. The body needs rest to detox too. So don't fret if you're feeling tired. I understand that your kids don't get it (mine first 2 are older and cheered me on, the 5-yr. old was oblivious anyways... hehe), and cooking for others is tough (my husband was deployed, so the only cook available was moi). The worst for me was when I went to restaurants with friends. I only did that twice, I think.

I'm definitely a believer in fasting as long as you can to get the long-term benefits in one fell swoop. Short fasts should really be for maintenance purposes. I am contemplating a 31 day fast the month of October. I was going to wait until the Spring and do a 40 day, but my mother-in-law is coming in November, and I think it might be better for me to conquer some cravings before she arrives. We'll see.

You're plan to do fruit juices a week after the fast is a good one, but if you really want the detox benefits, don't do the broth thing until the next week. While juicing you will still technically be fasting, but the cooked broth will awaken the digestive system and you may feel too hungry to go on that way. I wasn't hungry for food at all on the juices, and could've gone on with juicing for probably another 21 days! Either way, this is YOUR fast, so listen to your body, and do what it tells you it needs. :^) God bless!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.781 sec, (2)