CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cellulase ok??

dvjorge Views: 3,061
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,187,382

Re: Cellulase ok??

I am not sure if that may be the case of polymicrobial biofilms or bacterial biofilms. On the other hand, candida albicans biofilms aren't affected by cellulase or hemicellulase, to my knowledge.

Here you can see the compostion of candida albicans biofilm matrix and candida tropicalis matrix. As you will see, cellulose isn't mentioned. Glucose is the biggest part of the matrix.

See this fragment:
Biofilm matrix of Candida albicans and Candida tropicalis: chemical composition and role in drug resistance.
Al-Fattani MA1, Douglas LJ.
Author information
Abstract
Matrix material was extracted from biofilms of Candida albicans and Candida tropicalis and analysed chemically. Both preparations contained carbohydrate, protein, hexosamine, phosphorus and uronic acid. However, the major component in C. albicans matrix was glucose (32%), whereas in C. tropicalis matrix it was hexosamine (27%). Biofilms of C. albicans were more easily detached from plastic surfaces by treatment with the enzyme lyticase (beta-1,3-glucanase) than were those of C. tropicalis. Biofilms of C. albicans were also partially detached by treatment with proteinase K, chitinase, DNase I, or beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase, whereas C. tropicalis biofilms were only affected by lipase type VII or chitinase.

Chitinase and Glucanase degrade the biofilms.

I see no reason of buying Candex or cellulase enzyme when you can get Interfase that contain chitinase and glucanase. These are the TWO more important enzymes in my opinion.

Jorge

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

2.172 sec, (1)