CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cellulase ok??

Lindamr Views: 2,858
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,187,214

Re: Cellulase ok??

Well I've red about it and I've seen discussions about it several times. Can't add an URL here, but just google it and you will see. Here's an example from a website:

"I have also seen discussions where products containing the enzymes cellulase and hemicellulase were being recommended to treat Candida. The concept is that these enzymes will digest the cellulose and hemicellulose in Candida killing it. There are several problems with this hypothesis.

Cellulose and hemicellulose are partial components of Candida cell walls consisting of long chain Sugar molecules (polysaccharides) made up of repeating glucose units. As the cellulose and hemicellulose of the Candida cells are broken down in to glucose these glucose units simply become food for the surviving Candida cells.

A second issue with these products is that the flora feed on glucose from fibers by breaking the fibers down using cellulase and hemicellulase. Fermentation of these fibers by the flora lead to the production of beneficial acids that among other functions help control Candida overgrowth and pathogenesis. When people take cellulose and hemicellulase for Candida these enzymes do not digest the cellulose and hemicellulose in the Candida solely. The enzymes also digest the fibers that the flora use for food producing more glucose that can feed the Candida. In the process the flora are deprived of food decreasing their numbers. This further reduces the natural acidity allowing the Candida to thrive even more and increasing the risk of the Candida converting in to its pathogenic fungal form."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.547 sec, (1)