Hi, I recently did the same exact thing, don't feel so bad, your doc is VERY rude. I should know better but I know garlic is good for you so I put it on my arm and burned a patch on my arm. :/ The good news is its healing. I second the Aloe suggestions I saw on here. I cut a leaf and put it n the fridge so that its cool going on and feels great. Garlic is not toxic, we eat it all the time and can even be eaten raw. Unfortunately it can irritate and burn skin just like ginger because its so strong. I would find another doc if yours believes garlic is toxic- thats just ignorance.