CureZone   Log On   Join
Betaine HCL, should it be taken with high fat meals

snugglykindness Views: 1,335
Published: 7 years ago

Betaine HCL, should it be taken with high fat meals

hi, i'v been having a terrible time digesting fats and proteins. it seems to be worse for fats and when i eat a high fat meal i become wrecked and completely useless (proteins aren't that much better).

so when i posted this problem on another forum (which was primarily about lecithin) i was told i might have low stomach acid. so i got some Betaine HCL with Pepsin which really helps but since as i understand its for protein i have not been taking it with carb meals with high fats and taking ox bile and lipase instead but that does not seem to help to much and i get stuck with this food sitting in my stomach for sometimes 24 hours or more.

almost every where i look it says betaine HCL and Pepsin is for protein digestion and should only be taken with meals containing protein. then i look at some other places that say Betaine HCL and Pepsin help with fat digestion but they don't go into detail on that.

i'm just a little confused and lost cause i'v been looking into food combining and which says fats and carbs require alkaline stomach and proteins require an acidic stomach. i don't know if the food combining thing is so right on but it seems to make sense. i don't want to do food combining cause so far not eating bread with eggs and other combinations is really not fun for me and never was a problem before so if i don't have to i would rather not.

should i be taking betaine HCL with the high fat meals even if theirs no protein? should i combine it with ox bile? wouldn't the ox bile and Betaine HCL cancel each other out because one is alkaline and the other an acid?

i have a blood test tomorrow and i'm going to c my doctor next week who would for sure know the answer to these questions but till then i'm hoping some of u know so i don't have to suffer another week of these awful fat digesting problems and i don't want to just eat protein and carbs i need my fats or i start feeling really horrible (right now its horrible with the fats and even worse off with out them although in a different way instead of massive fatigue it becomes massive anxiety).

thanx and looking forward to some answers.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.344 sec, (2)