CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Passing along a new idea that I am trying, for a beloved pet cat suffering from an oral growth.

wellness_woman Views: 2,611
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,126,012

Re: Passing along a new idea that I am trying, for a beloved pet cat suffering from an oral growth.

Another update:
I received confirmation that ringworm was at the root of Pun's cancer when symptoms suddenly surfaced in the form of skin lesions on her paws. My theory is that now that I'm addressing the cancer per above the next "layer" of more causative root factors have surfaced. I believe that somehow the ringworm reduced her immune system so that she contracted cancer. I believe it is no accident that the section of her paws with which she cleans her face, and the fact that she got mouth cancer as the form of cancer. Just a theory, however, no proof. It would be an interesting study.
Some additional therapies I am trying to address the ringworm which is very hard to eradicate in a multi-cat household.
Since it is likely all of my cats, even with the ones not showing symptoms, are infected with this highly contagious bacteria, I'm treating them all with the following:
1) I'm providing all of the cats Vibactra-Plus, which is a broad spectrum immune booster.
2) I'm continuing the Suppa-Supp supplements from HAMPL.
3) I've done some research and concluded that I need to up my game with more traditional medicine to battle ringworm. I'm treating the cats with a new medicine that research is showing is very effective, in combination with lime dips, at shelters for the treatment of ringworm. It is incredibly expensive for some reason at $ 10.00 per pill but the pills last for 10 treatments. The name of the pill is Itraconazole. The link to the study is listed below. NOTE THAT DESPITE THE COMMON PRACTICE FOR VETS TO PRESCRIBE OTHER MEDICATIONS FOR RINGWORM IN CATS, ACCORDING TO THIS GOVERNMENT STUDY THESE OTHER MEDICATIONS ARE NOT EFFECTIVE.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17845620
Although I've only treated Pun a couple of times with the itraconazole (be careful and do your research, as this is a new drug my vet made a mistake and if I'd followed his directions I would have seriously overdosed my cats), I see an immediate positive reaction in her fur (deeper color, fluffier) that is validating I'm on the right track.
3) I'm continuing the ringworm drops from HAMPL.
The cats will eat the ringworm and SuppaSupp drops from HAMPL if mixed in their food. However, they sometimes are eating the food with the itraconazole and sometimes not. I don't enforce any of the other cats but I do manually put the intraconazole in a dropper and give it to Pun if she doesn't finish her supper. As noted, the results are extremely positive.
As far as the cancer medications are concerned, I'm watching Pun closely. If I see that she is having trouble eating I may resurface those but for now I'm focusing on the ringworm.
My best wishes to all cat parents out there and I hope you find this helpful. In particular Vibactra Plus has been a major addition to my arsenal in cat health- recommended!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.686 sec, (2)