Thanks so much for your post. I'll have to give this a try.
I have suffered from chronic sinus problems for 40 years or so. I have dabbled with neti pots and other devices and various types of solutions with mixed results. They usually flush out some mucus and provide short term relief but then it gets worse, sometimes much worse.
1) Neti pots do not get to all your sinus cavities. It feels to me that they only clean the part right by your nose.
2) I feel like some liquid remains in my nose
3) I suspect the existing infection that did not get washed out uses this liquid as a breeding ground and gets worse
4) I may have an inflammation or polyp at the time partially obstructing a nostril that makes draining the sinuses more difficult
5) I also get liquid in my eustachian tubes
So I like your idea !
I have also found some relief, believe it or not, by doing underwater somersaults in chlorinated pools, which accomplishes basically the same thing.