CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Herbert M. Shelton and people quoting his literature

chrisb1 Views: 6,345
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,130,805

Re: Herbert M. Shelton and people quoting his literature

FastingGuru,
I would agree with you that activity or exercise can be beneficial when fasting in the "well person" and the "healthy", but Shelton was involved with and concerned with those people who had come to him as patients in varying degrees of ill-health and disease. Bed-rest was therefore the norm' in the conservation and recuperation of energy: a lowered "life-force" or as he described it: "nerve-energy" which resulted in these disease states.

Shelton or I were not overly concerned with fasting in the well vibrantly alive and healthy individual, unless for reasons of spiritual awakening and enlightenment, so this was of secondary importance to the main task in the recovery of physical health.

Regarding saunas (the heat here can be very dangerous in the faster) I would not recommend, but have no problem with infra-red saunas which are not enervating as the former type.
It was also the experience of the pioneers in Hygiene such as Jennings all the way through to Shelton, (except Tilden) to have discontinued the use of colonics and enemas because they were not only enervating in the sick, but interfered with normal bowel-function post-fast; Dr Charles Page MD was set totally against their use and abandoned them in the sick, and again this was borne out of experience in their use.
I am not saying adamantly you should most definitely not use enemas or colonics, as this is an individual choice, but when I recovered from Leukemia at the age of 24 (now 60) after undergoing two extended fasts, with careful feeding in between (25 and then 30 days) and a very toxemic body, I had no need of them myself. I also had normal bowel function post-fast.

There is much disagreement in the health community on the use of distilled water while fasting or even at any other time, so you may find these to be of interest regarding its use.............
//www.curezone.org/upload/_N_Forums/Natural_Heali/distilled_water.pdf

//www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1069767

//www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2000592

The main argument seems to be, that distilled water leaches minerals out of your body. Well yes it does, but only the inorganic minerals that are clogging your system, rather than the organic minerals that have become a part of the cell structure. Dr Andrew Weil MD.

This assertion is made because distilled water doesn’t have any minerals of its own. However, most of the minerals we take in come from food, not water. And the fact is that your kidneys do a fine job of keeping your minerals in proper balance. As long as your kidneys are functioning normally, no one will have a problem drinking distilled water......Dr David Williams MD.

BTW, the first scientific studies on human fasting were realized between 1870 and 1890 and mostly concerned ‘‘professional fasters’’ (reviewed in Benedict, 1911).

Also a History of Modern Research
into Fasting, Starvation, and Inanition.
Therapeutic Fasting in Humans was as early as 1913.......
http://www.springer.com/cda/content/.../cda.../9783642290558-c2.pdf

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.672 sec, (2)