CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Back to my former discipline

applecore Views: 1,059
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,118,474

Re: Back to my former discipline

"I can't explain why I blew my refeed so badly - I knew better."

I think most of us who have fasted a few times have badly blown a refeed, despite knowing better. You do it once- I probably don't need to say any more than that! It can be a horrible experience... and then you realise why there is a STRICT PROCEDURE for breaking the fast, and make sure you follow it as best you can.

I'm big on self-discipline; very important when staying on a healthy restrictive diet. Good for lots of things! Ok, so what are the biggies? Kelly McGonigal talks about some of the issues, in a couple of links I posted under the heading 'Willpower videos', further down the page. Her book, Maximum Willpower is also very good. The most important factors are sufficient sleep, eating, also exercise plays a big factor, and mindfulness meditation. I also found personally that Water Fasting greatly helped my willpower to the point where I was able to quit a destructive drinking and smoking habit. So you're definitely doing the right thing.

On your breaking of the previous fast, I think I might have added a comment, but I forget what I said now. I think sometimes you do have to break a fast before you might wish to, and there are so many factors to this. Here's something I chanced upon last night by Dr Isobelle Moseley-
"If there is any one vital rule of fasting, one never should fast over strong, personal protest. Anytime you're fasting and you really desire to quit, you probably should."

There's an enjoyable guided Mindfulness Meditation by Jack Kornfield on youtube, here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRLemipLW1Q

Hope you have a good first day! apple

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)