Wow. As soon as i went throught your post colt, i got scared... I needed to post these questions to get my head clear and happy again.
I read the articles you provided me about diatrizoic A. Found it really astonishing that niclosamide would disintegrate the Tapeworm body, but not the head!!! That is bad news if it happens to me, you or others.
I went to research the effectiveness of niclo on scolex in the intestine and found that search:
It says that 33% of scolex were found. BUT 66% were NOT. If you read till the end the of the conclusion, they then affirm that 84% had no signs of Tapeworm seg in their stool 4 months after niclosamide treatment. So is it just me or the real effectiveness of niclo in this study was 84%? 84% is sure better than 33%.
After doing all this reading i had a couple of questions for you kolt or others that can help.
1. You said you passed a Tapeworm and had it tested by a lab, came back positive for fish tape. Great! Does that help you to get your Dia. A. shot from somebody qualified.
I am asking that question because i am guessing that this drug is not OTC ;). So how do people get it ?
2. If I can't get/buy this type of drug:
-How long does it take for a tapeworm to grow back to a dangerous state (enough to experience symptoms)?
I am actually wondering if I get almost or complete relief from parasite with all the treatments that i am doing now, but the head is still in my belly. Can i last a year without noticing it? I would like to get back to a ''normal'' life (no parasite drug/treatment) and battle them again next summer when i'll have time and money and more resources. OR will it automatically suck all my nutrition again?
My plan was: Do a week of niclosamide. Note the results (I am doing great). Do two weeks of albendazole+prazi. Note the results. If I don't have symptoms, do a candida/weston price type of diet (which i most of the time) and boost my immunity with fermented foods, probiotics, foods with immune stimulants or protectors.
3. What are and were your symptoms with this tape in you? Majors or minors
4. I am lucky to have in my possession enough niclosamide to last 2 weeks. I was thinking about doing my week like i said and store the others pills in case.
5. It is my 5 day on niclo today. I was thinking about this trick to maybe remove the scolex better: Have breakfast that consist of any food (light, combine with a semi-high dose of pumpkin seeds), wait an hour, take niclosamide. Wait an hour, do a bowel flush like epsom salt. Pumpkin seeds to shut down the worm, meds, something to move it down.