CureZone   Log On   Join
Appointment with Nutritionist

longterm Views: 1,072
Published: 7 years ago

Appointment with Nutritionist

I have an appointment with a nutritionist scheduled for tomorrow. I am going to ask her about Vitamin A deficiency, but I am mainly seeing her for celiac disease. I did ask a gastroenterologist how to know if I have Vitamin A deficiency due to celiac disease, fat malabsorption problem, chronic pancreatitis or lack or pancreatic secretions, blocked bile duct, liver impairment, or lack of vegetables in diet. She said I would have diarrhea symptoms for most of these problems. But, she also assumes most people with celiac disease have diarrhea, which is not true.

I believe I may have chronic pancreatitis instead of a fat malabsorption problem since I have high amylase (pancreatic enzyme). Celiac disease can cause high amylase (or lipase). My amylase should decrease on a gluten-free diet as I have been on.

A nutritionist might know more about Vitamin A deficiency than a gastroenterologist. I will update if she says anything helpful. As of now, I am taking 10,000 IU Dry A (includes beta carotene), Pantothenic Acid (B5), and Zinc/Copper combination supplement. I will see what she recommends. I tried juicing kale and spinach leaves with carrots, but I practically used up th whole bag of kale, spinach, and carrots just to get a full glass of juice. I added an avocado, but it made my drink slimy. So, I will eat a fatty food instead of juice it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

1.577 sec, (1)