CureZone   Log On   Join
Do not know what to do! Tired of peeling lips

CoolDude18 Views: 713
Published: 9 years ago

Do not know what to do! Tired of peeling lips

Hi guys this is my first time posting on this forum :)

I have had peeling lips for around a year and a half now and they have gradually got worse.
At first I didn't know why they were building up crusts so I would apply vaseline and rub at them and lick them until the crusts fell off. I realise now I couldn't have treated them any worse.

So after about 6 months I went to the doctor and was just prescribed creams which didn't do anything. So for around another few months I was just applying lip balms to my lips 24/7 because the doctors said that it was the best thing to do!

Basically my lips got worse and worse. Then I came across the idea that leaving the crusts on as long as possible and letting the lips heal themselves and decided I would try it.
I told my parents about it and I tried it during this summer for a few weeks...I felt my lips getting better and less raw when the skin peeled off the first time but my parents didn't think it was working because crusts grew back(But i knew they had gotten better).

Anyways my mum made an appointment with the dermatologist and I explained how leaving them alone seemed to gradually heal the skin underneath the crusts but he told me the crusts were not supposed to be there and that I should remove them.
I really didn't want to peel them off as I knew it was damaging my lips but my mum insisted I do because she really wants me to get better(and I love her for that).

Sorry for the long post it's just I am so annoyed that this problem has gone on so long. It's just I do not know what to do as I have just started college and i know the leave alone treatment will take few months to heal my lips and that's not an option with college after starting and all that!

What do ye think i should do guys?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

3.516 sec, (1)