CureZone   Log On   Join
The Micronutrient blood test also includes a test I have been waiting for!

longterm Views: 626
Published: 9 years ago

The Micronutrient blood test also includes a test I have been waiting for!

As I have written, I plan on getting a micronutrient blood test next week. It takes about a month to receive the results, though. Instead of checking the patient's section for information about the test, I checked the physician's section. I was looking for the specific nutrients the test covers, which I will list below. The last item listed is the IMMUNE RESPONSE SCORE. This is exactly what I was trying to get an immunologist to look into! "It evaluates a person’s cell-mediated immune system performance. Specifically, it measures T-cell lymphocyte proliferation. Since immune function is a systemic measure of general health, a higher score is desired since it means a person can respond efficiently not only to exogenous threats such as pathogens or allergens, but also to endogenous threats like tumors. The immune system, comprised of both cell-mediated (Th1) and humoral (Th2) components, when balanced and performing optimally, affords us critical protection and promotes health and wellness. (I read that Th1 and Th2 levels somehow had to do with AIDS patients getting infections on lips).

Micronutrient deficiencies will undermine a person’s immune function, and thus lower the immune response score. Since the immune system is dependent on the intracellular availability of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, correcting specific micronutrient deficiencies typically raises the immune response score and contributes to clinical benefits, such as reduced infections and may assist in achieving Th1/Th2 balance."

VITAMINS
Vitamin A
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B2
Vitamin B3
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B12
Biotin
Folate
Pantothenate
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin K

MINERALS
Calcium
Magnesium
Manganese
Zinc
Copper

AMINO ACIDS
Asparagine
Glutamine
Serine

ANTIOXIDANT
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Coenzyme Q10
Cysteine
Glutathione
Selenium
Vitamin E

Total
Antioxidant Function

CARBOHYDRATE METABOLISM
Chromium
Fructose Sensitivity
Glucose-Insulin Metabolism

FATTY ACIDS
Oleic Acid

METABOLITES
Choline
Inositol
Carnitine

Immune Response Score

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.000 sec, (1)