CureZone   Log On   Join
Finally Getting Better

j prufrock Views: 2,815
Published: 9 years ago

Finally Getting Better

I've had this disease (condition) for more than ten years now. Pretty much tried everything that you read about on this forum....

prescribed antifungals (nystatin, fluconazole) - worked for a bit but the yeast just came back with a vengeance.

herbal remedies( oregano oil, garlic, golden seal) - usually made me feel like pooh i.e. amped up the brain fog, Body Odor , and general feeling of malaise.

supplements - chromium picolinate, Whey powder, biotin, l-glutamine, carnitine, and many more. I couldn't tell you what they did.

Formulas (primal defense, candida formulas #1 & 2, I have a box of this stuff probably several hundred dollars worth collecting dust in my basement. They had the same effect as the herbal remedies.

Amalgam Removal - I won't trash this procedure because I think it helped.

I was even desperate enough to order anti-fungals online from a pharmacy in India. Don't do it! It's both a waste of money and you may be getting poisoned in the process.

Okay... So let's get to it. Here's what's really been making a difference for me recently.

a) Candida diet - lots of veggies, a little meat, oatmeal, yogurt, green and black teas, kefir (homemade), and the occasional piece of fruit. I completely avoid processed foods, soy products, and most wheat. Rice, just on the merit of it not being genetically modified yet, is my grain of choice. Note that the only thing on this list with any Sugar is the fruit. In truth, I've been on this diet for about eight years but it is an essential component.

b) Niacinamide - I take 5 500 mg tablets throughout the day. It restricts the fungus' ability to switch from yeast to hyphal form. The yeast form is much easier for your immune system to track down and kill. There are several articles about it in PubMed. You will notice that I was trashing supplements earlier. Niacinamide seems to be making a big difference.

c) Baking Soda - 2 teaspoons a day, but not everyday. I suffer from Body Odor which I'm fairly certain was being caused by a highly acidic condition. Unless, you eat straight greens it's damn near impossible to alkalize on the candida diet. (If you're going to pursue baking soda please read more about it because you can overdo it.)

d) Regular exercise - Get's the blood flowing to the organs. You got to keep moving or your dead. It's also alkalizing.

e) Sleep - I believe autoimmune issues contribute significantly to my problems. At least 7 hours of sleep is key in this regard. I take 5 HTTP for sleep.

f) Miscellaneous supplements - b complex is essential, N-Acetly for liver support, it also helps to clear acetylaldehyde along with vitamin C, I also take coconut oil with my oatmeal. The yeast doesn't like the coconut oil. And several 1000 iu of D3 every day. Helps with the immune response. Keep in mind, all of the toxins generated by yeast in the gut can trigger an ongoing auto-immune response which in turn aggravates the situation. Think leaky gut. For those of us with an over active immune response, the D3 calms the immune system.

Did I mention I use stevia as a sweetener.

g) And finally, you got to have a positive attitude. It'll get you through the day even when you feel like sh*t.

h) Oh and one last thing, read some scientific articles on PubMed pertaining to Candida. You might learn something new. I try to do this on a regular basis.

If this helps anyone, make sure you pass it on.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.922 sec, (2)