CureZone   Log On   Join
Derm Appointment

Healing2021 Views: 1,221
Published: 8 years ago

Derm Appointment

Today I went to see the derm who prescribed me Cyclosporine last summer. I asked him whether he thought using something like Cyclosporine, Imuran, or Plaquenil would be helpful.

He said that in the state that my lips are in now he would not prescribe Cyclosporine or Imuran because it is absolutely not worth the risk. He said that if I was still having the buildup that I used to get then he would recommend it, but not in my current state.

So he prescribed me some more Prednisone and I will take it for about a month. He says that it is more effective than Plaquenil.

And after the month of Prednisone I will go back and we will decide whether I should continue to take it or whether we should go in a different direction.

Although I went in wanting to try something more aggressive I do agree that taking those types of risks is pointless with the current condition of my lips. I could live a completely normal and happy life as of now, so its really not worth risking those extreme side effects (no matter how rare they are). No matter how much I want to get rid of this completely.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

10.609 sec, (1)