CureZone   Log On   Join
"You were made for this"

chirontherainbowbridge Views: 859
Published: 6 years ago

"You were made for this"

Hi forumfolk,

I just came across this in one of my folders, and I'm sure it will resonate with someone out there. . .

sure, it's not "about" water fasting, per se, but the spirit of it is the same. And the spirit of the times is the same. The fortitude and imperishable patience, and vision required, and contained, is the exact same. It might only be there in a glimmer, but it undoubtably grows, with water fasting, as we dissolve away layers of 'stuff' of all sorts. And maybe it'll give someone who's just musing over the idea of Water Fasting the strength to go ahead, to take heart, have Faith, and go against the grain of what most people (unknowingly) call sane.

:-)

You were made for this

by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
from
http://www.wanttoknow.info/youweremadeforthis

My friends, do not lose heart. We were made for these times. I have heard from so many recently who are deeply and properly bewildered. They are concerned about the state of affairs in our world now. Ours is a time of almost daily astonishment and often righteous rage over the latest degradations of what matters most to civilized, visionary people.

One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and show your soul. Soul on deck shines like gold in dark times. The light of the soul throws sparks, can send up flares, builds signal fires, causes proper matters to catch fire. To display the lantern of soul in shadowy times like these – to be fierce and to show mercy toward others; both are acts of immense bravery and greatest necessity.

Struggling souls catch light from other souls who are fully lit and willing to show it. If you would help to calm the tumult, this is one of the strongest things you can do.
There will always be times when you feel discouraged. I too have felt despair many times in my life, but I do not keep a chair for it. I will not entertain it. It is not allowed to eat from my plate.

The reason is this: In my uttermost bones I know something, as do you. It is that there can be no despair when you remember why you came to Earth, who you serve, and who sent you here. The good words we say and the good deeds we do are not ours. They are the words and deeds of the One who brought us here. In that spirit, I hope you will write this on your wall:

When a great ship is in harbor and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for.

marvellous words. May they serve the good.
Chiron

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.280 sec, (2)