CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Citric Acid powder form

Esstee Views: 1,762
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,068,093

Re: Citric Acid powder form

Hello othniel,

While I can't say I'm 100% sure I understand the nature of your response, I will say that based on what the OP has written, that is sounds like he's asking how to prepare CA(from powder form) so as to end up with a 1:1 activator solution. That is to say that he needs to know what water to CA ratio is needed so as to end-up with a sufficient solution for a one-to-one(1:1) drop mix.

With that in mind, I'd add that the easiest method(I know of) to prepare CA powder for this is with a 50/50 acid/distilled water solution. Now, we could get into the nitty-gritty of total dry vs wet volumes etc, though for the most part, a good eye is all that's needed to get the job done given that all we're looking for is a mixture with sufficient strength to fully activate a 22.x% sodium chlorite solution. And so, if we were(for example) to fill a bottle to the half way mark(1/2) with food grade CA, then proceed to top that off with distilled water... then we will end-up with an adequate mixture to get the job done.

Hope this helps clear things up.
ST

PS. citric acid is a weak acid though there are better suited acids(cleaner gassing) that can be used if one is intent on making CDS.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)