CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Unfortunate

lazza Views: 1,818
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,065,644

Re: Unfortunate

You raise a good point: it's always best to have a healthy amount of doubt whatever a doctor tells you. Question him/her to the point of being obnoxious. Then do your homework, A LOT OF HOMEWORK. If I was Ms. Jolie I would want a full accounting for the "87% chance" figure she was given. Since they gave such a precise number I would assume there is strong data/analysis behind it. However if it is bogus then, well, the situation is beyond scandalous.

Ultimately removal of female reproductive organs is not the key to breast/ovarian cancer prevention. Clearly diet/nutrition, plus regular screening, is the key. Yet there will be women who chose to have their ovaries/breasts removed. You can't get Breast Cancer w/o breasts. This provides a peace of mind for those women, like Ms. Jolie, who witness a family member suffer horribly from cancer.

_Lazza

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.500 sec, (1)