CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Suicide attempt 2 in hospital

lipshitz Views: 3,240
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,063,748

Re: Suicide attempt 2 in hospital

If you've got some extra time at the hospital, take a look at this case study:

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1359492

The subject shows significant improvement in three months on antidepressants (after testing positive for and then eliminating a resistant staph infection), and the authors cite other studies:

" There have been two reports
of exfoliative cheilitis completely
resolving following treatment with
diazepam and another resolved
following treatment with amitryptyline
and psychotherapy. Taniguchi
reported successful treatment with
amitryptyline following unsuccessful
treatment with cryosurgery,3 but the
mechanism for a positive response to
antidepressant therapy remains unclear."

While ending Depression may not be the magic bullet, it does seem that it hinders healing and exacerbates infection. Of course it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, since the condition is depressing, but we need to break out of it. Some people need drugs -- others need sunshine, sobriety, exercise, keeping busy with meaningful work, human connections over Internet connections, people who love and appreciate them more than just superficially. I've had three serious relationships while having this condition, and it has really helped me get through it and understand it's a challenge I want to overcome to make myself healthy, not something I need to do to win someone's approval who would otherwise think I'm ugly and worthless.

After spending a day in the emergency room, and hearing the screams of pain of a nearby patient, I can understand how severe chronic pain would cause someone to give up on life -- but I can't understand how living with a chronic, cosmetic, non-contagious condition which HAS seen dozens of cases of remission and healing would be a cause to end it all. My second to last resort is trying anti-depressants, but I'd rather try to change my life before that. You may have tried 100 treatments in the last 13 years, but YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT ALL IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HAPPY!

Onward,
C.S.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

4.547 sec, (2)