CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Nettle Soup

chirontherainbowbridge Views: 1,773
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,059,853

Re: Nettle Soup

Hi Elf,

Great picture, and good to hear about your experience--I bet your mowed nettles would have been great starters--all that energy, stored up! I love nettles. Nettle broth, nettle tea, nettle dye stuff. Nettles for cloth (the Nepalese make some lovely things with nettle fibre...) Have long imagined having an acre or so, one day, to experiment with, or maybe just a portion of a property--good for discouraging
trespassers, too. They are just the balm, aren't they? :-)
It's coming up to "National be kind to nettles week", (in the UK), which is also the week of my birthday.Just a happy coincidence. Do you know the story of the Tibetan poet-yogi who lived on nettles for a long time? His name is Milarepa.
Eva Van Dam wrote and illustrated a great 'comic' type book, of his life.

I have seen video with David Wolfe showing how to "taco" a nettle leaf, and just eat it off the plant--basically, the little needles get folded in. I've never tried it.
Happy gardening!

best, Chiron

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.625 sec, (1)