CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Need advice with candida overgrowth and dr christopher's anti candida program

VitallyGreen Views: 6,633
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,939,553

Re: Need advice with candida overgrowth and dr christopher's anti candida program

While I thoroughly enjoyed your thought provoking post, HV, I think you have been a little harsh in your critique of the Dr. Christopher Candida Protocol. First of all, some of your gripes seem to be a difference in semantics. And while, yes, I do prefer your more precise terminology of "hyphae" and "permeability", to Dr Christophers "appendages" and "perforations", either way it means practically the same thing.

That said, I really appreciated your more accurate description of the growth of these hyphae. It really helped me visualize the problem. I have learned that many brilliant healers aren't always the best communicators. Or sometimes they are, and that is because they are able to put things simply, in a way that anyone can understand. That doesn't mean they don't necessarily have a firmer grasp of the problem themselves. Many times it seems their knowledge is experience based, like much of the herbal wisdom has been throughout history. They may not always have a scientific explanation, but they have seen it work a thousand times. And that is good enough for me.

Still I do love a good bit of science. ;).

In addition to semantics, I think you actually misrepresented parts of the protocol. I don't think he was saying you can successfully kill all the candida; I think he was saying that you knock them back significantly and then rebuild with good microflora using probiotics in the form of supplements and cultured foods. Also, I doubt he would argue with you that nuts and beans contain sugar. But we do have to eat something, and he promotes a mostly vegan diet. Many candida protocols include nuts and some include beans.

Finally, and really the biggest reason I responded is the subject of using berberine containing herbs. You piqued my curiosity and so I did a little digging. (Not finished) but so far I found a could of studies that indicate that the extract forms of the herb are the ones with strong antimicrobial properties. In fact, the "aqueous" form was not found to be a significant antimicrobial. As you know certain plant properties are extracted better by alcohol and certain others by water. we swalow the whole herb and so the alcohol soluble properties are largely unused in that form. Meanwhile barberry has wonderful tonic effects on the liver and gallbladder. So is why it is included in the Lower bowel Formula.

Thanks again for the post. It has made me want to do more digging into this. I think we will always have unanswered questions. In the end, we have to rely on the experiences of others and listen to our own bodies.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.563 sec, (2)