Once you breathe in mold spores, it travels into your bloodstream, and candida attaches to the spores and begins to proliferate. You'll start developing a rash, then have breathing problems, then if left untreated, permanent damage to your liver, lungs, ears, sight and other organs, including your brain. Mold spores are used as neurological weapons by government agencies because it makes people sick very quickly.
I avoid eating mushrooms. I love cheese though! I just avoid the green moldy bits and blue cheese.