I've taken albendazole, and it's pretty harmless, and does not affect your liver or any organs adversely. The only thing I noticed about it is that it temporarily changes your taste buds a bit. For example, the morning after I took albendazole, I couldn't taste the sugary mint in my toothpaste. However, it went back to normal by night.
I do not recommend that you take half the tablet of albendazole because then it would not be effective in killing the parasites. Instead, you might make them slowly tolerant of albendazole in low dosages. Albendazole is also an over the counter drug and most people have reported it without many side effects in studies.
Then again, you know your body best. Have you also tried vitamin C capsules? Taking 1000-2000mg I've found basically gets rid of all allergic reactions.