CureZone   Log On   Join
allergic reaction

Calibelle Views: 875
Published: 6 years ago

allergic reaction

I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. On a daily basis, you just deal with everyday life the best you can, because the reality is, I need to work and that involves people, and environment and everything else. Some days are better than others, and some days so bad, I feel an onslaught attack like a tidal wave over me.

Obviously, when I'm in better form (get sleep; juice, etc.) I either have less symptoms or am better able to counter the attacks.

Friday, I worked with a woman whose perfume immediately set me off. (Gosh, I wish they would ban it from the workplace!) In an instant, my eyes burned and swelled; my throat started to close up; my neck glands became very swollen and my chest tightened. I could barely breathe and really struggled. I had to deal with that for 11 hours. I couldn't wait to go home, but nooooo..the person who was supposed to stay late became gravely ill, and I had to stay ANOTHER hour with this person.

I felt somewhat better once in my car going home, but I could tell all weekend that I was fighting 'something'. I doubled up on my SuperTonic, some echinacea, and my own Elderberry Syrup.
But, by Sunday night, I was miserable and called out sick on Monday. They didn't believe I was sick - I rarely call out. Well, go to the doctor and let us know what he says.
So, I went to the doctor, who's really wacky, but the reason I stay with him is because he DOES "get" my hypersensitivity and MCSS and he has seen it in action. He asked ME what I thought was wrong and I told him. He said he was inclined to agree and didn't see that I was truly "sick" (viral; bacterial) but that it seemed to be an adverse reaction.

So, I asked him..what am I to do when I wait on the public all day (and night - I now have two jobs) and I react to so many things? Well, get some childrens' liquid benedryl and y take a 6 year old's dose when you start to have reactions.

However, I'm asking YOU all, what YOU think because I've got to be able to function in the world and it's harder and harder and smells and things make me sicker quicker and lasting longer so I don't get breaks for recovery.

Gotta go. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (2)