CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Water Fast Questions. I really need to do this.

Catyrpel Views: 2,801
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,023,537

Re: Water Fast Questions. I really need to do this.

I did an extended Water Fast and it was difficult but effective. I had many failed starts of a few days to a week before I was able to stick to it for an extended period.

1. I couldn't go to functions involving eating most days. I'm sure there are many people out there who can fast and hang out with people in an eating situation. I can't if I want to continue fasting.

2. After the first week it was easier, then much harder, then terrible, then I felt like I didn't even need food anymore. I have no real advice on this one.

3. I turned back to a vegan diet after I had fasted 92 days (starting slowly with juices). I gained 20 lb of 100ish lost back the first year, but my body composition was absolute crap. I have since switched to a plant heavy ancestral diet that includes meats and would never recommend a vegan diet after thorough research (please don't hurt me over the anti-veganism thing).

4. Definitely listen to your body. Fatigue and weakness are one thing, but weak muscles, especially if they start cramping or your heart is beating irregularly or racing, that can be dangerously low K levels. With a healthy pre-fast diet it is unlikely you'll have an issue unless you go on an extended water fast. I didn't feel the need to add electrolytes until about day 60 I think?, but people can have life-threatening issues after just a couple weeks. So if you go long, please be monitored by a healthcare professional.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.297 sec, (1)