Silica is defenitely on my do list. As with magnesium it took me a while to find the right way of supplementing it.
DE was far to drying for me. The silica gel had no effect I could notice. I landed on nettles, powdered that I put in my daily herb mix.
Whatever diet or what I am supplementing an easy way to find how it works is IMO to look at your outside; skin, hair, nails tell the truth about what you are doing.
"Hormonal disturbances in the human organism are often due to a calcium-magnesium imbalance. Several studies have
shown that silica can restore this delicate balance. Silica also benefits the assimilation of phosphorous. Thus it may
be considered a catalyst in the use of other elements."
"Nature’s Internal Cosmetic!
Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture
when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life,
which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Connective
tissue consists of collagen, elastin, mucopolysaccharides, and mucous carbohydrates which help moisture retention.
Their ability to retain moisture keeps the connective tissue bouncy and has obvious importance in the prevention of
premature aging. All these important molecules house large quantities of silica. Collagen, largely made up of silica,
is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glucosaminoglycane, the collagen will make us look
"• Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
• Organic vegetal silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from
pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and
reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
• Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of
menopause; paramount being the development of osteoporosis. In men, too, the nervous system and glandular
network will gradually undergo changes that cause deterioration of vital body functions during menopause.
This can also be alleviated by using silica.
• Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
• New researches have found that antioxidants, like organic vegetal silica, protect against harmful radiation.
• Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can
increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal
function to these vital organs.
• The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause
disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal catarrh and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea
and its opposite, constipation.
• Vegetal Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
• In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain,
which often troubles the elderly.
• Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as
mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
• The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the benefi-
cial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
• Silica can stimulate the immune system.
• Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
• Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
• Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.