I have many symptoms which could all be attributed to mercury poisoning. I have not been tested for it, which is one of my questions. Should I be tested and is there a test that is considered reliable? My ND simply said if I have Amalgam fillings, I have mercury leaking into my body and don't need a test to tell me that.
However, before going through the process of removing the fillings and detoxing, I'd kind of like to know what my levels are and test again later to see how I am progressing.
I am a fan of Dr. Mercola and have started his mercury detox protocol, which involves several supplements (primarily chlorella) that can be taken while Amalgam fillings are still in place, and then beginning DMPS chelation after they are removed. I know DMPS is controversial (isn't everything?!), but I have been a Mercola follower for several years now and trust him. Plus I keep coming across success stories of people who didn't get well until they tried DMPS, and I wasn't doing a search for DMPS specifically.
My doctor doesn't do mercury detox, but the other doctor in her office does. However, he uses DMSA.
I'm thinking about tracking down a doctor who can test me and treat me with DMPS. From what I understand, I need a doctor to administer the DMPS. Is this correct?
I've probably opened up a big can of worms as I know there are many methods to detox and what works for one person may not work for another. What are your experiences? Does anyone have a success story? Has anyone tried Mercola's protocol?
By the way, my health issues are adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, candida, low hormones across the board, periodontitis and several other symptoms that can be attributed to mercury poisoning. I have been working to fix these issues for a year and a half and have finally decided mercury detox is the next thing to try as it may be the source of it all.