CureZone   Log On   Join
iodine in FCLO

Clarkia Extra Strong
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
SlownSteady Views: 1,857
Published: 9 years ago

iodine in FCLO

First, a big thank you!!! to all the information you folks share. I am new to the forum, and have been lurking for a few weeks and reading up on all the newbie information.
In the past year, I have lost what little faith that remained in western medicine, and have been taking charge of my health through supplementation.
After suffering a molar pregnancy last december, my already borderline thyroid (hypo) has worsened, but according to the questionable standards used by my OB and PCP, they consider my thyroid at the upper range of optimal (sadly, using TSH measures only). To keep a loooong story short, my adrenals/thyroid were shot by a four year doctorate program, followed by the molar pregnancy. Additionally, we have had two subsequent pregnancy losses since June. I am 32 years old and according to my doctors, "very healthy".
Two months ago, I started supplementing with fermented cod liver oil, as well as coconut oil, in an attempt to decrease symptoms of anxiety and Depression and my lack of focus. Moreover, I am questioning my western doctors explanation that my thyroid is 'ok' (based on the very limited measure--TSH). Having a hypothyroid mother, and MANY of the symptoms of hypo myself, i decided to supplement first with FCLO and coconut, before introducing Iodine and co-supplementation. In reality, I only learned in the past month about the impact of Iodine on the thyroid and overall health.
So, I am sorry if this 'background' was a bit of a ramble, but it is an important backstory to what brings me here and my primary question in posting...

About how much Iodine is naturally occurring in fermented cod liver oil?

This is not information available from Green Pastures (the company I use). I have read varying opinions from different sources, and the general message is that FCLO is a 'good source' of iodine, but i can't get any hard figures; i feel its a critical piece of info to consider before i begin my iodine supplementation. My Lugol's has arrived, but I am still waiting on my co-supplements, therefore i will not begin, most likely, until this weekend.
Please know that I have read through a significant amount of the intro material (which has been EXTREMELY beneficial, thank you!) and cannot find this nugget of info.
Again, thanks for everyone who shares their knowledge.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.563 sec, (2)