CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How do I sort out this edema and pressure in neck?

Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Free Teeth Cure!
Natural Fluoride free Remineralizer!

More
More
Ginagirl Views: 2,026
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,994,348

Re: How do I sort out this edema and pressure in neck?

"Potassium takes water out of cells and sodium keeps water in cells."

-I feel the need to correct this statement;

The sodium-potassium pump is one of the most important systems in the body. They need to be balanced. If the case is drinking only 1-2 glasses of water to 1,5 -2 tsp of salt ,it is IMO clearly out of balance.
I find it hard to believe how one can get in that amount of salt with that little water; as the body is designed to reject a salt consentration like that. Alternatively it produce a thirst to match the salt intake.

"The sodium-potassium connection

Sodium and potassium are essential dietary minerals and electrolytes, meaning that they dissociate into ions (charged particles) in solution, making them capable of conducting electricity. Normal body functioning depends on the right regulation of sodium and potassium both inside and outside of cells.

Sodium is the principal ion in the fluid outside of cells, while potassium is the principal ion in the fluid inside of cells. Sodium concentrations are more than ten times lower inside than outside cells, and potassium concentrations are about 30 times higher inside than outside cells. The concentration differences between potassium and sodium across cell membranes create an electrochemical gradient known as the membrane potential. A large portion of energy in the body is dedicated to maintaining sodium/potassium concentration gradients, underscoring the importance of the balance between sodium and potassium in sustaining life. Tight control of cell membrane potential is critical for heart function, as well as nerve impulse transmission and muscle contraction."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/024539_potassium_sodium_diet.html#ixzz28odEQ7fI

When it comes to edema it may be a symptom of hypo T.
- A worsening has been seen in trancient phases of Iodine supplementation.
I agree with Trapper in his suggestions of where to start, but first of all balance the fluids.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.984 sec, (2)