CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Organic raw cashews and what happened to me...

nayrbnot Views: 14,447
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 469,076

Re: Organic raw cashews and what happened to me...

Being from the Country myself, I understand what you mean by the Hillbilly Grandma and all that. Mine used to have a Chestnut tree outside her house and we would go out and pick them up off the ground and husk them (MIND THE SPINES "OUCH")and put them in a glass jar to eat later. I used to love raw chestnuts and i have found more than a few live worms in them, just chuck those away. Also I remember once when I was very young I was helping my Mother cook supper one evening. I opened the Cornmeal and inside were larvae crawling around in this Cornmeal which had been contained in an airtight container. When I freaked out about it I was shrugged off with "All Cornmeal has bugs in it, its only they haven't hatched yet. Shit guess we have to go to the store and get Meal now." at first I was utterly disgusted. But as the years have gone by I no longer look at it that way. Don't get me wrong. I don't have any want to try Grasshopper on a stick! I just understand now that certain things have bugs in them. Not the least of which being peanut butter which has certain ALLOWED amounts of bug parts and excrement in it..Ah well MORE PROTEIN!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.156 sec, (1)