CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: survey to see what we all may have in common

zachaerys Views: 2,161
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,984,106

Re: survey to see what we all may have in common

I cannot smell it at all. When it first started, uni was hell and I had dropped out. My family kept telling me they couldn't smell it either, but I think they just wanted me to re-enroll. Back in 2010 I was working at a grocery store and I was constantly accosted with comments asking if I was passing gas or had diarrhea. At the end of the year I was let go because I was "creating an unhygienic work environment". I remember racing to work right out of the shower to the point where my hair was still wet when I arrived and going home during my lunch breaks to take a shower too. I was way more cleaner than most of the people working there, but I knew it was only a matter of time before I got the boot.

I think I know why the problem isn't constant for me and it may answer why many member's Doctors don't seem to be able to smell it. When I'm anxious my body heats up like an oven. I get sweaty in all sorts of places and I find that this is when the smell is the strongest (based on peoples reactions). Because of this problem, that anxiety is now anytime I'm out in public: At a restaurant, movies, elevator, even in line at stores. It kicks in the moment I'm around people, I feel myself perspirating. When I tell someone my problem, I feel like the anxiety goes away a little. That could be why some people claim their family members/spouses can't seem to smell it. When I first broached the subject with my Family doctor, he swore he didn't smell anything from me, but there was a definite negative response to me in his waiting room in the reception area (people sniffing, getting up & moving away). This is probably a big reason why many doctors either don't believe members or wrongly diagnose the problem.

The doctor's I visited were at St. Michaels Hospital and Western Toronto Hospital, both in Downtown Toronto. You need to be referred by your Family doctor though and the waiting line is huge (6 months for my first gastrologist appointment). Then again, if you live in the States it's probably shorter. Hope that helps!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.859 sec, (1)