CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I am getting worse.

SillyLily Views: 9,195
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,979,211

Re: I am getting worse.

Sure. I was on a very similar diet you're on and kept losing weight and pretty rapidly. Imagine an about 104 lb young lady that is 5'6 tall... naked. lol it's not a pretty sight. I was beginning to look and feel like a Holocaust victim. I was very depressed just with my weight alone. I tried for half a year to strictly stick to that diet because I was so afraid of making Candida worse. It just wasn't worth it for me though. I do know some people on this board following Dr. Wilson's diet to a T and maintaining a healthy weight. I don't think it's for everyone. I had a lot of muscle wasting on that diet but I think it was due to my protein not being digested sufficiently amongst other things. So my first advice to you is to get a good digestive enzyme if you haven't already.

There's another Dr. Wilson (not Lawrence) that specializes in Adrenal Fatigue that suggests a totally different diet. I do better on that one.

I added carbs which was scary for me at first. I started with only one organic brown rice cake per day. I added toasted organic almond butter on them at first (which is OK'ed by Dr. Wilson) until I realized my body doesn't like almonds. So I now add coconut oil and cinnamon, otherwise they taste plain and are not very calorie-dense. Then I added in quinoa flakes, I can't digest the grains, though I am slowly getting better with grains. Quinoa flakes taste sort of like corn grits. There's also something called cream of buckwheat that tastes similar. I always add something to my carbs or pair it with another food group to slow the digestion down. Rice bran is good to add to things, it has a nutty flavor, plus it feeds the good flora. I would suggest oat bran but some people with gluten issues (like me) also have an issue with oats. Avoiding everything your body is sensitive to is important. Eating gluten for gluten-intolerant people causes inflammation that makes it hard to digest anything you eat with that gluten, therefore you lose calories = lose weight. Stress alone can also make you lose weight. I have organic yellow or blue corn chips every once in awhile (this is OK on the L. Wilson diet too), only paired with something else to slow down any Sugar spikes. I'll occasionally have half an organic sweet potato, I couldn't tolerate this at all at first. Sweet potato yams (there's a difference) has a 0 Sugar content if I remember correctly and I tolerated those better but wasn't fond of them. I make my own buckwheat bread and have been eating a serving of that nearly every day. I have gluten free organic brown rice cereal, too. I eat it with Living Harvest unsweetened hemp milk. I'm trying to think of all I changed when I started gaining weight but am in bit of a brain fog now.

Hope this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.203 sec, (2)