CureZone   Log On   Join
ooh fun topic

Autumn Views: 1,728
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 197,091

ooh fun topic

Hi there folks!

She's at http://www.flylady.net

Her mission is helping people establish order in their lives so that then most chores will become a harmonious routine, and then we can have 1. more peace of mind, and 2. more serenity and enjoyment in our relationships.

I'm a huge fan. Huge! But I have never tried subscribing to the actual email list. (If you do, you will get 30 emails a day, many of them only a subject line. You can actually just read the web site every day and get all the benefits without subscribing, if the thought of 30 emails seems a big much!)

At first, the web site looks busy and pushy and is full of buzz words.
But if you sit with it and read the welcome letters and find your way around, her ideas make so much sense.

Anyway, the shoes. She insists that first thing every day, as soon as our feet hit the floor, we must dress, fix our hair and face, and put on comfy lace-up shoes. She is adamant about this. Why? She says that when there are morning chores to clear away fast, then lace-up shoes are the safest fastest way to get stuff DONE and they focus the body's energy more than going barefoot. (She takes them off after her work is done.)

The origin of the site is to help women who are overwhelmed by chores and stress.

I compromise: I just wear my Crocs without socks around the house, but I follow her directions and wash & dress right away and start my chores.

So it's up to the individual! But I can't say enough for Fly Lady and how she has helped me!

Autumn

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.500 sec, (1)