CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: New...help please

SillyLily Views: 1,634
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,950,561

Re: New...help please

I have adrenal fatigue and am on a benzo as well. It's an extremely difficult drug to get off of. I'm honestly not even going to try to get off of mine anymore until I somewhat fix my adrenals; I just can not handle the stress of withdrawals. I was on Ativan 2mg (doesn't seem like much but is actually a high dose, especially for my age) and I've cut it slowly all the way down to .25mg in the past year. What has helped me the most is changing my diet. I truly wish there was an easy fix, I don't want to be on this diet forever (basically only meat & veggies, very few complex carbs), and I won't be. You've got to fix your underlying problem. I have no idea what my underlying problem is yet, I think the adrenal fatigue came way later because I've been on a benzo since the age of 13 (yikes). My first attack started while eating KFC and watching an intense movie. I've done a hair analysis test and I definitely have some nutritional deficiencies going on - not a surprise since I grew up poor. Anyhow, the supplements that have helped my anxiety most:

*Magnesium malate - I use Source Naturals. 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

*L Theanine - I use Jarrow Formulas. This is a big one. It's the ingredient in Green Tea that helps you calm down. It signals your GABA receptors like benzos do. A guy once told me he feels like 200mg of this does more for him than his .5mg of Ativan did.

*L Glutamine - I use Body Tech, but feel as if the L Glutamine in ReNew Life's IntestiNew worked a whole lot better and is definitely worth the price difference. It's another amino acid. This is a biggie as well. I take plain L Glutamine powder (better to get the powder than pills) when I wake up, on an empty stomach. Great for brain fog as well.

*I feel as if it's important to actually get all of your amino acids in. Plain whey protein isolate powder is good for this. I use BioChem's natural flavor because there's no added Sugar or any other chemicals. I only really use it after a walk/little work out, but it's helpful every day.

*Evening Primrose Oil - I use 500mg every night, but 1000mg was helpful in the beginning. Fish Oil may work better, but it breaks me out so, you really have to listen to your own body.

*And meditation helps heaps. Energy healing.

For the hypoglycemia, I haven't really figured that out yet. I have to eat every 2 hours - a small meal consisting of protein OR a complex carb WITH veggies AND a spoonful of healthy fat (olive, coconut or flax) - to keep symptoms at bay. Chromium supplementation overtime will help with this.

Hope this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.797 sec, (2)