CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Full Recovery Is Not A Gradual Process Years Into The Future

feo66 Views: 2,066
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,965,623

Re: Full Recovery Is Not A Gradual Process Years Into The Future

Hi Sherpa.

Yes. You can even learn how not to sweat the large stuff.

The best meditation technique for doing this is Insight Meditation (Vipassana). You learn to watch the patterns of the mind.

When you truly become skilled at noticing anger, worry and other negative emotions...and you have the knowledge that these states are unhealthy, you just stop and let them go.

First, you'll catch your after being angry for 5 minutes. Say "This is stupid", and then relax. Then 2 minutes, then 30 seconds, then immediately.

It's not suppressing anger or worry. You are not holding it in, you are noticing and letting it go.

The Buddhist concept of accepting impermanence was very helpful for me as well. It teaches you not to cling, try to control and prevent things from changing. It takes a while to get this one.

But now when I contemplate the fact that eventually the Sun will become a Red Giant and swallow the earth, it makes me look around and smile at how beautiful it is I am here at this moment. The trees and birds look even more special in the moment since eventually they will all be gone.

To try to deny impermanence give us a LOT to worry about, and prevent us from being happy in the moment.

So learn to care less. Care....but don't over-care.

Impermanence helps with anger and worry as well. Sometimes if I'm having trouble letting go of anger, I'll say "will this matter in 1000 years..how about 100, how about 1 year, how about 1 week, how about an hour...Nope" So why bother being angry now?

I took a PEW research pole on their web-site a couple of years ago. I was in the top 1% of news knowledge. That was a wake up call.

I just skim the new headlines a little now. I never watch any of the news networks. I can't control anything that is on the news, so it just creates stress.

The Healing Codes was a big help with this as well.

I used to worry about EVERYTHING. Now I don't sweat even the big stuff.

You can do it. It just takes some practice, awareness, time.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.688 sec, (1)