CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Oil Pulling, Blisk12 and xylitol.

skyler1212 Views: 6,715
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,948,522

Re: Oil Pulling, Blisk12 and xylitol.

http://www.rdhmag.com/articles/print/volume-31/issue-4/columns/just-what-is-o...

^This website should tell you about chlorhexidine being comparable to oil pulling.

BLIS K12 probiotics (the kind I use which, is Therabreath) are a swish and rinse product. They provide you with S. Salivarius bacteria which lives in the oral region. They help tremendously with sore throat, fever, plaque causing bacteria, gingivitis and other harmful afflictions. They are meant to be localized in the mouth. It is guesstimated that only 2% of people on the planet have them naturally occurring in their mouth. The rest of us have to use probiotics. I have been considering contacting the company to get their opinion on my oil pulling question. Oil pulling is meant to kill microorganisms. S. Salivarius K12 is a microorganism. However, it is said oil pulling is much more damaging towards Streptococcus mutants then it is towards other bacteria. BLIS K12 bacteria targets Streptococcus mutants and neutralizes it. (In more detail, BLIS activity of S. Salivarius K12 bacteria creates BLIS proteins which are salivaricin A and salivaricin B. These proteins act as Streptococcus pyogene inhibitors.) Oil pulling and S. Salivarius K12 have the potential to work hand in hand, but not if oil pulling just demolishes everything in it's path including S. Salivarius K12. Some BLIS K12 probiotics are sold with chlorhexidine. For all intensive purposes chlorhexidine is faster (more powerful) then oil pulling.I've also read something recently regarding oil pulling that intrigued me. Apparently, someone on this site put a post up stating oil pulling only removes toxins from the bloodstream (another thing that weighs on it's side against S. Salivarius K12 [the bacteria do not purge the blood stream which is relevant as I am trying to decide which is the better choice if oil pulling cancels out oral probiotics]) and does NOT kill bacteria. It is the rinses you do after words with Sea Salt water and a non-fluoride substance like baking soda that actually kill the bacteria. This person cited nothing so I find it hard to believe because as far as I can tell the only scientific study on oil pulling was the study comparing it to chlorhexidine. That information from the website I listed appears other places on the internet. I do not have the actual study to reference but as the information appears other places, it is believable. I am sure you could find it for yourself if you looked. Thanks for your help! Any insight or genuine thoughts are appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (2)