CureZone   Log On   Join

Views: 5,840
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 194,721

Thanks for that most eloquent reply Lee. What is it about you Brits? When I read such prose, I am often proud of my majority English ancestry. Not to "dis" other ancestries or races (we all have our strengths), but you have to admire the strong intellectual fabric that seems quite prevalent in the British.

I agree that, and the more I look into statistics, they seem shrouded in ignorance or agendas. You can't really trust a stat (or a dumb poll for that matter) these days unless you have ALL the facts. The average joe/jane gladly accepts what he/she hears and sees as gospel truth. Life is hard enough to make a living and survive with what you assume is your only means. To poke one's head out of the daily grind and see if things are REALLY as they are doesn't unfortunately seem like a majority compulsion.

The only way that changes is if our world leadership is brave enough to speak the truth or some sort of disruptive social change occurs through mass awareness. I sometimes wonder if even they know. Conspiracy theorists would suggest otherwise, but I often wonder if they aren't ignorant too, and that very few know, and that perhaps just a simple variety of those in and out of power know. Wouldn't that be a less cynical view of the world? Perhaps we just lost our way and those "bad habits" Dr. Hay speaks of are our only foes. In fact, those "bad habits" in sum became such a large cultural norm, it became the obstacle itself. It would be nice to think that humanity won't implode once again like the earthly cycle MH speaks of.

Lee, your opinions are most coherent and I love reading them. It truly is fascinating -- all the topics on this forum. You and a few others here are particularly articulate. I enjoy them the most. So please feel free to continue your "rambling". ;-)

-Marc (PBuddy)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (1)