CureZone   Log On   Join
More from Trollville

Hveragerthi Views: 1,322
Published: 7 years ago

More from Trollville

Hveragerthi: "This means that nearly anything can displace it such as calcium, potassium, sodium, etc. "

Troll: That's clearly nonsense to any second year chemistry student who's learnt the strong affinity the sulfur atom (the sulfurs in body protein)

A junior high chemistry student would understand the difference between a sulfur atom, amino acids and a protein that you clearly have not learned yet.

In fact, if you even had the slightest clue of what you were talking about then you would know the mercury has a high affinity for sulfide bonds , not sulfur bonds, sulfur atoms or protein bonds.

If the mercury did bind with sulfur atoms then you would be creating mercury sulfide, which is not very soluble and thus would mostly precipitate out the body.  If you are going to argue at least try to get some of your facts straight.

has for all heavy metals, including mercury - the Hg to sulfur bonds in the body's proteins is almost impossible to break unless a more powerful chelating substance is present.

So why does mercury have such a short half life in the protein tissues of the body?  Oops, I guess you overlooked that simple fact.

Maybe this site will help you to see the error of your ways:

http://ciitn.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/pub_view_project_ind.cgi?g_num=8&c_id=2...

"Studies show that Hg+ has such high affinity for sulfide groups that the process is only partially reversible (AJ Freitas, et al). Once damaging mercury containing compounds are present in the brain, reversal of inhibition only occured 50% of the time."

Notice I pulled this up from a non-allopathic website so you would not try to claim the studies are somehow flawed because they once again prove you wrong.

Its why many metal ores (minerals) are able to exist on the earth as sulfides (cinnabar, pyrite) and remain stable for eons.

Definitely not readily displaceable by alkali metals or alkaline earth metals.

Again, a junior high science student could explain to you the electromotive series of metals.  If I try to explain it to you it would surely be way over your head.  Still I will explain your error to everyone else here since they will be able to understand it.  In the electromotive series of metals the metals higher on the list are more reactive and will displace the less reactive metals below it in solution.   The alkali metals such as lithium, potassium, sodium and calcium are all near the top of the list and are highly reactive.  Mercury on the other hand is very low on the list and thus is displaced by nearly any metal.  Of course the troll brings up things like cinnabar (mercury sulfide), which is not very soluble at all in water.  This is why the Chinese use it in medicine without poisoning the patient with mercury.

As an example of what I am talking about look at the reaction between sodium iodide and mercury chloride:

HgCl2(aq) + 2NaI(aq)  = HgI2(aq) + 2NaCl(aq)

As we can see the more reactive sodium displaces the mercury in the mercury chloride forming sodium chloride.  While the mercury binds to the iodine producing mercury iodide.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.531 sec, (3)