CureZone   Log On   Join
Digestive Enzymes & Green Stool

SillyLily Views: 12,555
Published: 7 years ago

Digestive Enzymes & Green Stool

Why does taking pancreatic enzymes (ie Source Naturals Essential Enzymes) make my stool turn green? I feel like it does help me digest food, because I see a lot less undigested food in my stools AND I'm not losing 2 pounds every week like I was (underweight). BUT my stool is always a dark green now, which concerns me. I'm wondering if the enzymes are making my stool pass too quickly through my digestive tract and I'm really not absorbing the nutrients I need or something. Any ideas, please? Here are the ingredients on the digestive enzymes:

-----------------------------------
To Break Down Protein:*
Vegetal Analog of Pancreatin 286 mg 28,625 FCC
Acid-Stable Protease 12 mg 785 FCC

To Break Down Fats:*
Lipase 125 mg 375 FCC

To Break Down Carbohydrates: *
alpha-Amylase 52 mg 630 FCC
Amyloglucosidase 12 mg 2 FCC

To Break Down Fiber:*
Cellulose 5 mg 100 FCC
Hemicellulase 3 mg 325 FCC

To Break Down Milk Sugar: *
Lactase 5 mg 40 FCC

Other Ingredients
Gelatin (capsule), calcium sulfate anhydrous, stearic acid, colloidal silicon dioxide, and magnesium stearate.

Each capsule contains 500 mg of an all-vegetarian broad spectrum blend digestive enzymes.

Hypoallergenic: contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives , or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
-----------------------------------

I usually take 1 or 2 at the beginning of a meal, but I've taken up to 3 before for huge meals. 2 is the usual though.

Thank you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.984 sec, (1)