CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: need Mirena help

hailey56 Views: 1,176
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,933,570

Re: need Mirena help

Hi Muppetmom, I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is going thru this too. My 22 yr old daughter had the Mirena for two years and started developing serious health problems, neuropathy in her legs/feet/hands severe burning, tingling, numbness, pain, pins and needles sensations. She also started become allergic to everything, had lots of anaphaxis episodes, breathing problems, jaw pain, Major hairloss - it was coming out in handfulls, anxiety/panic attacks, migraines, vision loss, weakness in her legs/difficulty walking......... you name it, I thought she was dying, and in reality Mirena almost killed her. She is six months post-removal and is doing much better, but is by no means healthy and continues to have flare ups that make her unable to function at times. I have taken her Gynecologists, Rheumatologists, Neurologists, Family Dr's, Pain Management Drs, and she has been in/out of several hospitals a lot in the last year, her longest stay was over 9 days and we left with no more information than we came with, and she was even more sick from their 'treatement and all the pain meds they had her on'. Dr's don't want to believe that it's the Mirena, but we all know that it is, if you look at the FDA reports there are so many compaints and they are all very similar. My daughter has had every test there is, Bone Marrow, MRI's, Spinal Punctures, blood tests, ANA testing for auto immune diseases, and everything was normal. Our Dr's also wouldn't test for silicone. The Dr's had us convinced that she had MS (like so many other women on this forum) or some other auto-immune disease, as well as Guillian Barratt and Mastocytosis, but all came back negative thankfully. We are now back to working with our (female) Gynecologist and she has given us more hope than any other Dr and we are now convinced that ALL of her symptoms are related to a HORMONE IMBALANCE caused by the Mirena. We have ruled everything else out over the last year. I didn't realize until recently that ALL of her symptoms can be caused by a hormone imbalance. I printed out the articles that said this, researched each symptom invidually and took them to the Dr and read them to her. I had no idea that some of her symptoms could be hormone related but they ALL were. We are waiting for her hormone tests results to come back, but regardless of what they say the Gynecologist is going to do aggressive hormone therapy and see if the symptoms improve. This may be 'harsh' for some people, but my daughter can't live this way anymore and no one seems to listen and nothing helps, and she has tried natural detoxes, medications and therapies, but we are ready for a drastic course of action after this long. I would recommend you find a good, preferably female gynecologist and take your research with you and your FMLA forms and make them listen!!! Stay strong, your daughter is lucky to have you. It will get better. Keep us posted and message me anytime. Can you share what your daughters symptoms are? Thank you - hailey56

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (2)