CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: L-lysine/l-arginine combo.This stuff works!!

Parasites and Liver Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Free Powder Obsoletes Dentists!
This Powder will put Dentists out of Work!

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Ellalouise Views: 83,545
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,929,607

Re: L-lysine/l-arginine combo.This stuff works!!

Hi Daniell,

1) It indeed seems the 'L-lysine/L-arginine'-combo is what is usually recommended (as opposed to taking solely L-lysine OR L-arginine). However, anxiety is apparently related to L-lysine deficiency. Why shouldn't one just supplement on L-lysine then? (This confuses me the most..)

I have read that too about l-lysine being used for anxiety as a stand alone.I honestly dont know, maybe you could try the l-lysine on its own first, observe the effects and if it does not provide the relief required add in the l-arginine. There is not a lot of research on this treatment, maybe four studies tops. Further research is definitely needed I think, given the positive results that the studies achieved and me myself of course.

2) Looking at the foods that are high in L-lysine and those that are high in L-arginine it seems rather unlikely one would develop some kind of deficiency in either one. (I know at least for myself that I am consuming a lot of foods on both ends of the spectrum; and even if I would be deficient in any, it would more likely be L-arginine than L-lysine.. ~since I largely avoid wheat and gluten. Still, I do experience quite some anxiety/stress issues)
What could be the reason that people develop a deficiency/imbalance in these amino acids?

From what I have read, under stress, l-lysine is one of the first nutrients in the body to become rapidly depleted,among others of course. I suppose it could be like any deficiency that is aggravated by stress,even if you are consuming large amounts in food it may not be enough when confronted by a barrage of stressful situations, especially if a person is continually anxious. I eat a lot of high zinc foods and supplement with zinc but I am still zinc deficient,you get the idea.

3) Any thoughts on side-effects and possible long-term negative effects?
No negative side effects to report at all,if anything they are all positive. My period is due in 3 days time and normally I am like a demon with crazy mood swings and anxiety and would be reaching for a benzo at this point. Instead I am cool, calm and collected! This is the latest side effect I have noticed. Apparently this combination helps to regulate the endocrine system too, as a side effect of regulating the stress response.

Again from what I have read, there are no recorded long term side effects except if taken in quantities exceeding 10g I think of each a day but there is no need for that amount.

With regard to dosage, I find that taking 2g of each first thing when I wake up sets me up nicely for the day, I will then pop another gram of each around midday which is when I get a little tired and it perks me up. I also found that the supplements interfere a lot with my sleep though Im sure everyone is different. I have read that it actually encourages and improves sleep in certain people. I wont take any past 6pm though thats just me. That said, I take seroquel as a sleep aid and I think there could possibly be some crossover there. But if you can tolerate it at night great, I think I read that it actually works even better taken at night. Hope that helps, Im no expert, just reporting on my own research and experiences :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.609 sec, (2)