CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: what should we do?

LLL4 Views: 5,700
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,924,163

Re: what should we do?

Don't let this condition get you to a place that dark. It's a skin condition. Yeah, it sucks, but with care you can minimize the appearance of the plaques while you work toward getting the condition to improve. Stress isn't your friend in any situation, but it certainly isn't helpful in regard to a skin condition.

Try the various improvement methods posted on this site (and others), and in the meantime, learn to groom your lips so you can feel comfortable out in public. I became an expert at it. It's not easy being a teenage girl with this condition; but I survived it, and then I survived being a grown-up woman with it. Don't postpone your life because of this thing.

My advice: gently trim the already-peeling-off ends of the plaques with cuticle scissors, and keep your lips somewhat moisturized now and again, at least to prevent the plaques from turning too stiff. I know there's some status-mongering on this site about the use of ointments and such, but from my own years of experience with this condition I don't believe occasional ointment use in order to prevent the plaques from overdrying is antithetical to an improvement program. My lips are better than ever before, and I've been using an ointment every day. When I say they're better; I mean they're peeling a LOT less than ever before; not just that they're being moisturized but are still forming plaques. The plaque production has *significantly* decreased. I'm eating well, drinking tons of water, and using an ointment on my lips (Lubriderm Intense Skin Repair).

Find something that works for you, and never give up. If you keep the plaques well-groomed, many people won't even notice your condition.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

2.570 sec, (1)