CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: MMS compared to 'chlorine dioxide' products such as Closys & Durafresh

Esstee Views: 11,301
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,922,592

Re: MMS compared to 'chlorine dioxide' products such as Closys & Durafresh

Hi Tom,

There is definitely alot of information in your post(as usual). Though I think some of it might seem like overkill for some people. :p
Having said that, there are two questions that have come-up while I was reading through your post:

1. Can you explain how Chlorine is derived from acidified Sodium Chlorite?

I never tested any of my CDS for Chlorine, though the MSDS for my Sodium Chlorite states that it contains no heavy metals or contaminants other than inert bi-products. And I haven't heard of Chlorine being produced in a Chlorine Dioxide process either on the industrial or home-brew side of things.

2. What is/was the pH measured with your CDS?

I measured my own CDS when I first started making it, and found it to be consistent at/or around 6.5. I didn't check any lately though I haven't changed my recipe and so I doubt anything has changed since then.

Also, on the storage side of things, I noticed that if/when CDS is stored in a sealed bottle with no air gaps, that it could be stored at room temperature with no signs of degradation. However, I'm thinking that it would likely need to be refrigerated again prior to opening(or using). otherwise, the gas would likely escape at room temperature.

On the other hand, I've found CDS could keep for several months without any signs of loss when stored in sealed glass bottles in refrigerated(at 1c). I also found that sunlight destroys Chlorine Dioxide instantly, making cool smoke machine type of effects :p

Anyways, I think the pH question is sort of answered for the most part, though I'd be curious to hear your own experience on that. However, the Chlorine issue is of particular concern to me since it is quite a different chemical than Chlorine Dioxide and more importantly... having its own set of risks associated with it. And so I'm particularly interested in hearing more about that.

JohnB

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.578 sec, (1)