The healing component with Miracle-Mineral-Supplement has always been Chlorine Dioxide. However... since Chlorine Dioxide is a gas, it would be very difficult to use it as a treatment in most cases. And so the Miracle-Mineral-Supplement became a method by which people could get Chlorine Dioxide in their bodies. ie. when you mix Sodium Chlorite and Acid(usually citric) you end-up with a chemical reaction which produces Chlorine Dioxide gas. Therefore, the term MMS was given to the process of mixing two compounds to create Chlorine Dioxide.
Having said that, CDS is both similar and different from MMS in the sense that it is based on the same component(Chlorine Dioxide) though it does not rely on a chemical reaction in order to produce Chlorine Dioxide. And this is accomplished by infusing Chlorine Dioxide(gas) into water. Hens, the name CDS: Chlorine Dioxide Solution. Therefore, there is no need to activate anything with CDS as it is completely ready to use.
Furthermore, I'm going to go ahead and state that I believe MMS will soon be phased out for all but a few cases where it would be more practical to store in dry form than as a liquid. However, even at that, it is so easy to make CDS(from MMS) that it would make little sense to take MMS over CDS given the advantage that it holds on MMS. For example, CDS does not upset the stomach. Nor does it cause diarrhea, fatigue, pH and electrolyte imbalance. It also doesn't have the taste and smell of MMS(which many people can't tolerate) and more importantly, the bi-products that come out of MMS. ie. Unactivated Sodium Chlorite, heavy metals(in some cases) and citric acid . Which makes CDS everything MMS never was.
PS. I've taken as much as 20ml of CDS which is the equivalent of 60 drops of MMS, without any side effects whatsoever. And so it is very good in this way.