CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: K2, D3 and magnesium for Tiffny

just thinking Views: 3,642
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,909,487

Re: K2, D3 and magnesium for Tiffny

Several years ago my vit D level was in the toilet. I wanted to supplement, but whenever I tried to, I got terrific muscle cramps that got me hopping out of bed every night. Looking back, I was also deficient in magnesium, but since I was taking it, I didn't recognize that I needed more. I discovered through trial and error that if I took more calcium, I could tolerate the vit D. But the amount of calcium I was taking scared me.

After some time, I read your posts on vit K2. I read about how it helps calcium get to the right places in the body, and I was very concerned about arterial calcification because of very high levels of Lipoprotein(a). That (plus fibrocystic breast disease) was also how I got led to Iodine. So, I scoured up the Carlson MK4 5 mg, and started taking it. Low and behold, I had to start reducing my calcium. It didn't take long before my calcium had dropped down below 500 mg, as long as I took vit D and vit K together.

I also started following Dr. William Davis and his Track Your Plaque forum. They are avid about both vit D and vit K, including the roles for vit K1, vit K2 MK4, and vit K2 MK7. I found out in testing that my vit K1 was very low, so I figured out how to supplement that. When I tried to take both MK4 and MK7, it was too much and it disturbed my sleep and made me very tense, though many on the forum handle much larger quantities. So I've ended up taking just MK7. By this time, I was on high doses of magnesium, and only the calcium I get in my diet. And now that I've adjusted salt and water, cramps are a thing of the past.

After all the worry about arterial calcium, my heart scan was 0 last summer. I always consider that I have a hidden weapon with the 100 mg of iodine that I take, because the TYP forum tends to be leery about any iodine over 1 mg. So, iodine, vit K, magnesium, vit D, thyroid -- they are friends of the cardiovascular system.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.484 sec, (1)