CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Faith, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

chavey Views: 1,859
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,907,259

Re: Faith, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

[[[ In the context, Paul is concerned that people were "thinking of themselves more highly than they ought to think." His final remedy for this pride is to say that, not only are our spiritual gifts a work of God's free grace in our lives, but so also is the very faith with which we use those gifts. This means that every possible ground of boasting is taken away. How can we boast if even the qualification for receiving gifts is also a gift? ]]]

I think that is a load of phooey because it is a though one must suffer low self esteem, and be to gracious enough to accept what is written in the bible without question.

Your post reeks of dictatorship, total control of people led by ecclesiastics that spew their rhetoric from the pulpit that in part abuse children mentally.
Telling them, the children, that they will go to a hell if they do not abide by what they are told.

Tell me Refreshed, would you put the fear that is caste upon these youngsters upon your own?

This god does not tend his so-called flock during a persons life but tells them what will be done to them when they die, does that make you feel special due to your allegiance?

Faith in oneself comes from self belief in a world where almost everyone is put down, you add insult to injury by adding that this god allots each person a grade in their faith.
This bloody grading that you speak of is curse in society throughout this world and does absolutely nothing for all that suffer from it's effects.

On top of which this book that we all must abide by, the bible, is so full of unbelievable content one wonders about those that take it in and indeed live by it.

The six measures of faith that you think is required is nothing short of balony.

Like I said, religion would not survive without "faith".
Religious faith is irrational and I see that kind of faith as an ignorance of reality.
A strong belief in something with no evidence and sometimes a strong belief in something even with evidence against it.

Bertrand Russell noted, "Where there is evidence, no one speaks of 'faith'. We do not speak of faith that two and two are four or that the earth is round. We only speak of faith when we want to substitute emotion for evidence."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.531 sec, (2)