CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded for everyone! Liver Flushing & Enterohepatic Recirculation of Bile

unyquity Views: 3,270
Published: 7 years ago

for everyone! Liver Flushing & Enterohepatic Recirculation of Bile

From buried thread here: http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1890097

From this post: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1898642#i

Hi Unyquity,  Greetings Ladybug19!  (and I'm so very sorry for the long delay )

I just finished the liver cleanse and flush a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, my skin looks worse now than it did before the cleanse (especially my face and neck).    Frustratingly, it is very common for various conditions to 'worsen before they get better' when it comes to the body being able to neutralize & expel toxins.  First we have to get the toxins & build-up of debris out of the organs of neutralization & elimination the organs can neutralize & eliminate properly...and of course, this involves 'stirring up' the deposits of toxins (which means 'more symptoms' temporarily).  This is especially true with the liver cleanses, because cleansing the liver is so much more complex than cleansing the colon.   As with everything in Natural Healing, knowledge is the key...and even though the liver is so phenomenally complex that even the best of researchers haven't yet identified all it's functions and actions, there are many aspects that are extremely logical and easy to understand (and ways that we can help the body undo the damage & compromise).  So I've done my best to summarize a lot of information below.  At first, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with liver flushing, but it will all come together and make sense at the end (I promise :)...

The liver is the "master chemist" of the body.  When it comes to 'detoxifying' our blood, it's primarily an organ of "neutralization".  Although the liver does filter the blood as the blood passes through, rather than primarily "capturing" and "filtering out" poisons/toxins (as many believe), the liver actually changes the poisons/chemicals in the blood each time the blood goes through the liver (every 3 minutes!) until the poisons are changed into substances that can be (or are ready to be) eliminated (or further altered, filtered & eliminated) by the kidneys, or the liver changes them into totally harmless substances.  This altering of chemicals is referred to as "metabolism" or "the metabolic process".

Here's a 'general' explanation of how the liver metabolizes (detoxifies) alcohol from our bloodstream (from here: http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/alerts/l/blnaa35.htm)

When alcohol is consumed, it passes from the stomach and intestines into the blood, a process referred to as absorption. Alcohol is then metabolized by enzymes, which are body chemicals that break down other chemicals. In the liver, an enzyme called alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) mediates the conversion of alcohol to acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde is rapidly converted to acetate by other enzymes and is eventually metabolized to carbon dioxide and water. Alcohol also is metabolized in the liver by the enzyme cytochrome P450IIE1 (CYP2E1), which may be increased after chronic drinking (3). Most of the alcohol consumed is metabolized in the liver, but the small quantity that remains unmetabolized permits alcohol concentration to be measured in breath and urine.

Wow, eh?  Our bodies are phenomenally advanced self-healing and self-cleansing organisms!  Our liver is SO effective at changing/altering chemicals that some pharmaceuticals can't even be given orally.  That's because when anything we eat or drink is assimilated through the GI tract, it goes directly to the liver for processing before it goes into general circulation (it goes to the liver via the hepatic portal artery --in blue in diagram below)...and with just ONE pass through the liver, the liver neutralizes or alters the chemical/drug so much that it wouldn't be effective.  So some drugs are only applied topically or given as injections so they will avoid that "first pass metabolism" through the liver.

There are two basic substances that go through our liver.  One is blood (all the blood in our body passes through the liver every 3 minutes), and the other is bile.  The liver makes bile which flows throughout the biliary network of the liver and into the gallbladder (where it's concentrated) and then the bile is released by the gallbladder into the duodenum (right below the stomach) to help break down fats for assimilation.  But what most people don't realize is that when the bile is finished doing it's job breaking down the fats & oils, most of it does NOT go into the feces and into the commode...it is reassimilated and goes back to the liver to be used over & over & over & over & over again!  This process is known as enterohepatic recirculation and you can read a very good scientific overview here in Telman's blog (even if it's over your head, be sure to read the last few paragraphs): Enterohepatic Recirculation by telman

This lil' blurb that I just found simplifies it:

Because bile is reabsorbed into the body in the intestines as well, problems can arise when there is a long transit time in the bowel due to poor bowel functioning. This provides more opportunity for more bile, containing drugs and other fat soluble wastes that need to be excreted, to be reabsorbed, which in turn means the liver has to try getting rid of them again. It effectively recycles waste products. So the liver not only has to deal with new waste products, but the recycled old ones that aren't all eliminated.

So, everytime our bile has been mixed with drugs (or anything toxic in any way in our digestive tract,) if those poisons could mix with the bile...then the bile/poison blend went directly to the liver for the liver to re-use the bile.   The mucous build-up in the colon is is not only toxic, but it captures toxins so they can't  assimilate to the liver & bloodstream...and when that mucous builds up with drug & toxin residues (or anything else putrefies and gets stuck), then the bile has to seep through all of that (collecting even MORE toxins) before it heads to the liver.  And then when we eat fats, that toxic bile is dumped right back into our digestive tract!  And when we do a liver flush, a LOT of that toxic bile is dumped into our digestive tract all at once (perhaps many months/years worth).  And that's generally FAR MORE than the liver is able to metabolize effectively (and it really 'puts the hurt on' our already compromised liver), so our symptoms worsen.

Lightbulb Moment!  This is why virtually all liver flush protocols include the use of Epsom Salts, not only before the flush (to relax the biliary ducts so everything can get out more easily), but also TWO doses of Epsom Salts the day AFTER the flush (because ES causes diarrhea, and the diarrhea purges out the stale/toxic bile that was dumped so it doesn't reassimilate back to the liver).  When all that bile doesn't recirculate back to the liver, the liver has no choice but to make fresh clean bile (yay!).  So although we think that a liver flush is only to get out stones and debris, the fact is that a liver flush is that, but it's also a desperately needed "oil change" for our liver.  And it's super-duper important that we do something the morning after a flush to get all that stale/toxic bile OUT of our body! (but Epsom Salts are very rough on the kidneys and many times cause serious electrolyte imbalances).  That's why I always recommend that peole do TWO coffee enemas the day after a flush.  One, first thing in the morning, and then another in the afternoon.  If you haven't already read it, this is a must read: The Secret to the Coffee Enema

Important points in the link above:

As a medication, the coffee enema is in a class by itself. While other agents classed as choleretics do increase bile flow from the liver, they do little to enhance detoxifying enzyme systems, and they do not ensure the passage of bile from the intestines out the rectum. Bile is normally reabsorbed up to 9 or 10 times before working its way out the intestines in feces. The enzyme enhancing ability of the coffee enema is unique among choleretics. Because it does not allow reabsorption of toxic bile by the liver across the gut wall, it is an entirely effective means of detoxifying the blood stream through existing enzyme systems in the liver and small bowel. Because clinical practice has shown coffee enemas to be well tolerated by patients when used as frequently as every four hours, the coffee enema may be classed as the only non-reabsorbed, effective, repeatable choleretic in the medical literature.

So (not surpisingly) the very first thing I suggest is to make sure you're doing a coffee enema every day, and always be sure to do two on the day following a liver flush.  This will ensure the best success AND the least amount of symptoms.  And yeah, I'm pretty-much assuming you've left out the coffee enemas (please forgive me if I'm incorrect)...but I know how hard they are to start if one has never done them before (honestly? it took me almost two years to try my first enema - which was a coffee enema - even after I'd read --I think-- everything on the 'net AND my mother-in-law did them all the time).  So if you have any kind of "mental issues" at all with CE's (like most everyone does), one of the easiest and most positive ways to deal with those issues is to learn (and do ) EFT.  If you don't already know about it, it's likely THE most powerful healing therapy that one can do (both emotionally & physically), and it's super-easy and FREE!  Here's a link with all the info you need to learn & get started: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1711602#i (and if I'm assuming incorrectly, please forgive me).

Also, what kind of sounds you hear (via stethescope) after ingesting the oil & citrus with the liver flush?  And if you've been doing the CE's, how do the sounds compare?  And, what (if anything) did you see in the colander the day/s after your liver flush?

I just removed the slippery elm from my arm rashes, and those don't look any different either :(. From what you've reported with the liver flush (an increase in symptoms with an increase in the toxic burden caused by the flush), we know we're on the right track...detoxify, detoxify, detoxify...and support all the systems of detoxification! 

So since your symptoms increased when the toxins increased, that's explaining why the slippery elm alone (which doesn't adsorb toxins) isn't yielding 'the healing' results it's capable of yielding.  So, this ---> I'm going to add bentonite clay to those patches like you suggested and see what happens....is exactly what I would suggest. I also took a bentonite bath yesterday, but I didn't see any improvement from that either. Is there any specific amount of clay that I should add to the bath? I used about 5 tablespoons of the clay and water mixture I blended, but that might not have been enough. I would use at least a cup (and I've used up to 4 cups) Also, does it matter how hot the bath water is?  Any temperature that is comfortable is fine for a bentonite bath - bentonite needs to be 'wet' and basically that's all that matters.

I have also been using the echinacea and comfrey oils twice a day for the past week and a half, but I haven't seen any results there either. I know you said it could take about two weeks to see improvement. Again, these are oils to heal...and if your body is still using the skin as an 'organ of elimination', you'll likely need to decrease the toxic burden and give the organs of elimination and neutralization some additional support before the healing herbs can actually start healing.  The coffee enemas are HUGE, both for decongesting the liver and for cleansing the blood - so if you're not yet using them, now's the time to start.  Another amazingly effective tool is the activated charcoal poultice over your liver (and you can do small ones over the eczema areas, too).  Just be sure to avoid getting charcoal on any open wound/skin, or you'll end up with a 'charcoal tatoo'!  Another great therapy is dry skin brushing (and I can't remember if we talked about that or not).  If not, here's an old link with great information and tips on technique: http://web.archive.org/web/20090204124059/http://lymphland.com/skinbrushing.html

I am still taking IF#2 Ultra 5 times a day fantastic! and I plan to start the Kidney Cleanse soon (it's hard to find an opportune time since I'm back in school now). Aaaah, the kidney cleanse is easy to do when you're busy.  Just have the morning drink at home and then take the tea/tincture with you in a thermos (or other container).  All you have to do is figure out how many cups of tea to have when you're away from home, add the right amount of tincture to the tea, and keep the container with you like you would a big water bottle or insulated mug.  Dr. Schulze specifically designed his 5-Day cleanses so people that were working full time could do them while they were working.  You'll get 'er done, I know you will! :) I also will make an activated charcoal liver poultice tonight since I haven't done that yet. Oops, didn't see that you're already planning on doing that - don't hesitate to do several per week (they're super easy and I have no problems 'sleeping with them on'). I know that my eczema won't miraculously disappear (I wish), but a little improvement would be nice :). 
I understand that it's likely very frustrating to see an increase in symptoms (and I seriously applaud you for your good attitude and your tenacity!).  You've definitely got 'what it takes' to do what it takes to get the results you're working for (and deserve).  You've had a lot of toxic drugs in your lifetime of almost 20 years, so it's not unreasonable to expect 'a few months' before seeing results (although they may 'kick in' much sooner than we expect).  Hang in there and keep up the good work...relief and healing will happen!

Thanks for all the helpful advice you've given me! You're more than welcome, of course.  'Hope the quality & quantity of information helped make up for the delay in responding - HEAL ON!!!  Uny

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.391 sec, (9)