CureZone   Log On   Join
2 months post removal, another trip to hospital

hailey56 Views: 1,897
Published: 8 years ago

2 months post removal, another trip to hospital

Just wanted to give an update on my 22 yr old daughter who is 2 months post removal. She has been doing soooo much better, but last week we had a set back, during her second period since having the Mirena removed, she had to go to the hospital again, and had a flare up of the old symptoms. After getting the Mirena she started having allergic reactions to everything, breaks out in hives, has problems breathing etc (really an understatement, it is so awful). When this happens it also causes horrible burning sensations in her hands/feet/legs. It is so painful and the Dr's don't know what to do other than to treat her allergic reaction and get her pain managed. We were at the hospital until 3AM until they could get the pain under control. On the upside, she has been doing good since then, and since being off her period, has not had any other symptoms. This was happening on a daily basis with the Mirena, so thank goodness it's better. My daughter had been 'attack' free really for over a month and said she had forgotten how bad it hurt and miserable it makes her. I really think the Mirena totally destroyed her immune system, and causes it to go bonkers for no reason. They say her leg pain is neuropathy, but can't really say why she has it or why it flares up when her immune system goes in to over-drive and starts attacking her body. It's all just so bizarre. Anyway there is the latest update, hope everyone is doing better and was able to enjoy the the holiday. Best wishes, Hailey56

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.531 sec, (1)